Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a motivated professional to perform auditing and attestation engagements with a primary focus on nonprofit organizations.
This position will assist with the completion of audit and assurance engagements. Responsibilities include performing audits, developing audit plans and programs, assessing risks and evaluating/reporting on internal controls. In performing these tasks, the incumbent will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of each client’s business and related needs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Document comprehensive understanding of client financial and operational processes.
- Use audit results and analysis to proactively develop recommendations improving compliance, effectiveness, efficiency, and accountability.
- Perform testing of financial statements and accounting reports.
- Perform internal control reviews and testing.
- Prepare financial statements and management letters.
- Research accounting issues.
- Compile and analyze data.
- Play an active role in the growth and development of our firm.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills – Demonstrates technical competency, knowledge, and professional care commensurate with completion of assignments, and an eagerness to learn and absorb new technical and industry-specific information.
- Interpersonal – Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within work group, across other company functions and with external organizations.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; continually asks good questions and incorporates them into foundational knowledge. Demonstrates effective public speaking skills. Capable of leading meetings with business unit executives.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; demonstrated ability to successfully handle sensitive discussions, strong personal ethics commitment and demonstrated good judgment.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytic Skills – Ability to obtain, analyze, and evaluate evidentiary data to form an informed and objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the area being reviewed.
- Project Management – Demonstrates excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills. Able to manage multiple assignments proficiently. Effectively prioritizes tasks and manages time to meet established budget and milestones.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting (CPA is a plus)
- 3-5 years audit or accounting experience (experience in public accounting a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other professionals, including staff and clients, and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
We are proud to offer both competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and life insurance, employee assistance program, unlimited leave, casual dress working environment, and 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.